2020 Upcoming Workshop Dates
at NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY:
Since 2013, over 700 clinicians have received their supervision training
With us 😊
June 8, 2020-FULL TO CAPACITY
July 27, 2020 Monday 8am to 8pm
September 25, 2020 Friday 8am to 8pm
November 13, 2020 Friday 8am to 8pm
Price: $300 This unique package includes training manual, supervisor electronic resource links (videos, forms, contracts, tools) plus 18 additional free online ceus for LMHC, LMFT, LCSW's (can be spread across 2 renewal periods if needed), and a complimentary profile listing at MeetYourSupervisor.com for 1 year (2 years for licensed psychologists in lieu of online ceus.
FREE ONLINE CEUS DO NOT INCLUDE THE NEW REQUIRED 4 HOUR SUPERVISORY TRAINING
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE. THIS COURSE IS $40 and DOES NOT HAVE A DISCOUNT
Miami Campus of NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY
8585 SW 124 Avenue
Miami, FL 33183
12 hour course description: This 12-hour live course will present a detailed, in-depth look at the major models and stages of supervision, including supervision methods and techniques. The dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships will be explored, including contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics which may impact supervision. Participants will have the opportunity to develop their own model supervision with insight as to the role of evaluation in supervision process. Distinctive issues that arise in supervision will also be addressed including ethical, legal and regulatory issues
**Course fee for the workshop is $300 and includes training manual, supervisor electronic resource links (videos, forms, contracts, tools), 18 additional free online ceus (can be spread across 2 renewal periods if needed), and your free one year personalized marketing supervisor profile listing at meetyoursupervisor.com (2 years for licensed psychologists in lieu of online ceus).
***If you are unable to attend for any reason once payment has been made, your registration will be transferred to the next live session or one of your choice. There are no refunds. If you are unable to attend future live sessions, a credit will be issued towards online CEUs provided by MDM.
Instructions for purchasing “Qualified Clinical Supervision Training”
1. Make your $300 payment online for the 12-hour live session via PayPal
by clicking the "BUY NOW" button to your right OR send the payment
to PayPal.Me/meetyoursupervisor or Payment accepted through Venmo
@Maria-Martinez-Salazar code 7501 or Zelle 305-215-7501
2. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of purchase and session date preference. Please include your professional license number (ie. MH0000) and your contact information including address and phone number.
3. Once your payment is processed, a confirmation email will be sent with more details about the 1-day workshop.
FL HB 0373 Has Passed NOW Law 491 – Limits time for Registered Interns to become licensed CS/HB 373 — Mental Health Counseling Interns by Health Quality Subcommittee; Rep. Burgess and others (SB 858 by Senator Legg)
-The bill requires that a clinical social work, marriage and family, or mental health counseling intern practice under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, or mental health counselor, as applicable, at all times.
-It clarifies that an intern may only practice if the supervising or another licensed mental health professional is onsite.
-The bill limits the duration of a registered internship to five years, with a grandfathering provision for licenses issued before April 1, 2017. These intern registrations expire March 31,2022, and may not be renewed or reissued.
-The internship may only be renewed if the registration is issued after April 1, 2017, and the intern has passed the theory and practice examination required for full licensure.
-The bill prohibits a person who has held a provisional license from applying for an intern registration in the same profession.
Approved by Governor • Chapter No. 2016-80
Email me the names of the courses you'd like. Please order ALL 18 at once. You can use them over 2 bienniums
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A QUALIFIED SUPERVISOR IN FLORIDA?
NOW YOU CAN DO IT IN 3 EASY STEPS. SCROLL BELOW TO REGISTER FOR A TRAINING TODAY!
MDM Counseling and Mediation Services is an approved provider for (live and online) continuing education by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling and The Florida Board of Psychology for live courses. (CE Provider #50-11089)
MDM COUNSELING AND MEDIATION SERVICES IS AN APPROVED PROVIDER FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION IN CLINICAL SUPERVISION. WE OFFER AFFORDABLE TRAININGS AT THE MIAMI CAMPUS OF NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY FOR $300. CE PROVIDER #50-11089 EXP 3/31/2021
***CEUS ARE ENTERED BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE TRAINING***
The 4-hour follow-up Continuing Supervision course required by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling will not be required to have been completed until April 1, 2021. However, the Board will tracking the ceus from this course as early as April 1, 2017. The course is required every third biennium (every 6 years) as is Domestic Violence for licensure renewal. Current Qualified Supervisors will be required to complete the course between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2023.
Best Western (Closest to training site-walking distance)
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson
Bridging the gap between graduation and licensure ™
LODGING OPTIONS FOR THOSE TRAVELING
Our training takes place in Miami right off the Florida Turnpike. The actual training site is NSU- Miami Campus.
NSU is located inside a large central outdoor mall with diverse shops, a wide array of restaurants, a large stadium movie theatre,
and a fantastic Farmers Market on the weekend.
The hotels offer great prices and comfort....Some previous participants have stayed at:
64B4-2.002 Definition of “Supervision” for Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
1) An intern shall be credited for the time of supervision required by Section 491.005, F.S., if the intern:
(a) Received at least 100 hours of supervision in no less than 100 weeks; and,
(b) Provided at least 1500 hours of face-to-face psychotherapy with clients; and,
(c) Received at least 1 hour of supervision every two weeks.
(2) The supervision shall focus on the raw data from the intern’s face-to-face psychotherapy with clients. The intern shall make the raw data directly available to the supervisor through such means as written clinical materials, direct observation and video and audio recordings. Supervision is a process distinguishable from personal psychotherapy or didactic instruction.
(3) The supervisor and intern may utilize face-to-face electronic methods (not telephone only communication) to conduct the supervisory sessions; however, the supervisor and intern must have in-person face-to-face contact for at least 50% of all of the interactions required in subsection (1) above. Prior to utilizing any online or interactive methods for supervision, the supervisor and the intern shall have at least one in-person face-to-face meeting. The supervisor and the intern are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the clients during both in-person and online or interactive supervisory sessions.
(4) If an intern obtains group supervision, each hour of group supervision must alternate with an hour of individual supervision. Group supervision must be conducted with all participants present in-person. For the purpose of this section, individual supervision is defined as one qualified supervisor supervising no more than two (2) interns and group supervision is defined as one qualified supervisor supervising more than 2 but a maximum of 6 interns in the group.
Rulemaking Authority 491.004(5), 491.0045, 491.005(1)(c), (3)(c), (4)(c) FS. Law Implemented 491.005(1)(c), (3)(c), (4)(c) FS. History–New 7-6-88, Amended 3-21-90, Formerly 21CC-2.002, 61F4-2.002, Amended 1-7-96, 12-16-96, Formerly 59P-2.002, Amended 11-13-97, 10-28-98, 1-1-07, 3-14-07, 2-9-16.
AS OF MAY 8, 2016
64B4-6.0025 Approved Continuing Education Course for Supervisory Training.
The continuing education course required to meet the qualifications for a qualified supervisor pursuant to Section 491.005, F.S., and subparagraphs 64B4-11.007(3)(b)2., paragraph 64B4-21.007(3)(b), and subparagraph 64B4-31.007(2)(b)2., F.A.C., must be offered by a Board approved provider of continuing education and consist of the following:
(1) It must meet all the requirements of subparagraphs 64B4-6.004(2)(a)1.-5., F.A.C.;
(2) It must be 12 clock hours of in person didactic and interactional instruction; and,
(3) Must contain content that satisfies the following learning objectives. The participant will:
(a) Become familiar with the major models of supervision for clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling;
(b) Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapy;
(c) Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships;
(d) Explore distinctive issues that arise in supervision;
(e) Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and economics;
(f) Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision;
(g) Review the Florida laws and the board rules governing interns and supervision; and,
(h) Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.
(4) Every third biennium, a qualified supervisor shall obtain 4 hours of supervisory training continuing education. These hours shall count toward satisfaction of the continuing education hours required for license renewal for the biennium in which the hours are taken.
Rulemaking Authority 491.004(5), 491.0085 FS. Law Implemented 491.007, 491.0085 FS. History–New 12-29-96, Formerly 59P-6.0025, Amended 12-11-97, 8-13-08, 5-8-16.