Bridging the gap between graduation and licensure ™
CE PARTNER SIGN UP
CE REPORTING AND CERTIFICATES WILL BE ISSUED VIA EMAIL WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR ATTENDANCE ROSTER. PRESENTERS ARE TO PRESENT VIA EMAIL THEIR ATTENDANCE ROSTER IN A TIMELY FASHION TO PREVENT ANY PROCESSING DELAYS.
A CE PRESENTATION EVALUATION IS A REQUIREMENT FOR PARTICIPANTS TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS AND EARN THEIR CEUS AND CERTIFICATE . THE FORM IS LISTED BELOW FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
**MDM Counseling and Mediation Services reserves the right to reject any presentation presented for approval.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
1. PRESENTATION NAME AND CEUS TO BE AWARDED (EX. 2,3,10). 50 MINUTES OF UNINTERRUPTED INSTRUCTION FOR EVERY HOUR OF CE.
2. BRIEF DESCRIPTION (WILL BE POSTED FREE ON CE BROKER, MYS, FACEBOOK , AND DURING OUR LIVE SUPERVISION TRAININGS). **PRESENTERS WILL ALSO RECEIVE A VOUCHER FOR A FREE ONLINE COURSE EQUIVALENT FROM OUR LIST OF COURSES FOR EACH COURSE THEY PARTNER UP FOR.
3. EMAIL CONFIRMATION AND VERIFICATION FOR THOSE IN ATTENDANCE WHO EARNED THEIR CONTINUING EDUCATION (FULL OR PARTIAL). ***PARTIAL CREDIT IS GIVEN IN 15
MINUTE INCREMENTS PER CHAPTER 491 AND 10 MINUTE INCREMENTS PER CHAPTER 490.
We offer continuing education packages for the following:
Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
Certified Master Social Worker Licensed Clinical Social Worker Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Florida Board of PsychologyLimited License Psychologist Psychologist - Florida
Presenters/moderators of approved continuing education activities shall receive credit on a one-time basis for programs where they are actually in attendance for the complete program, provided they receive a certificate of attendance in compliance with this rule. A maximum of 10 hours of credit per biennium shall be received for presenting/moderating approved continuing education activities.
Source: 64B4-6.002 Approved Courses for Continuing Education.
WELCOME TO CE PARTNER BONUS: WHERE WE PARTNER WITH PRESENTERS TO PROVIDE CONTINUING EDUCATION TO FLORIDA CHAPTER 490 & 491 PROFESSIONALS
64B4-6.004 Approval of Continuing Education Providers.
(1) Continuing education status shall be approved prior to presenting continuing education programs. When a provider number is necessary, any continuing education event(s) sponsored or provided prior to the date a provider number is issued under this rule shall not be granted continuing education credit.
(2) Continuing education provider status shall be granted to continuing education providers who satisfy the following requirements:
(a) Provide the Board with one sample continuing education program, including a detailed agenda specifying content and time frames for instruction, a copy of any power point or similar presentation materials, and a copy of the course materials, which has been designed or approved by the current continuing education director and meets all of the following criteria:
1. Is a graduate level course, seminar, workshop, or institute which is relevant to, and focuses on clinical social work, marriage and family therapy or mental health counseling practice, theory, or method.
2. Has stated learning objectives and is of sufficient duration to present a topic in depth and detail to accomplish these objectives.
3. Is appropriate for the purposes of furthering and maintaining the clinical skills or knowledge of licensed clinical social workers, mental health counselors, or marriage and family therapists.
4. The sample program must identify the number of continuing education hours that will be earned. One continuing education hour is defined as a 60-minute clock hour in which there is no less than 50 minutes of uninterrupted instruction.
5. Is instructed/presented by a person who meets at least one of the following criteria:
a. Is a faculty member or former faculty member of a graduate program meeting the requirements of paragraph 64B4-6.002(1)(a) or (b), F.A.C.
b. Has received specialized graduate or post-graduate level training in the subject taught in the program.
c. Has extensive experience to include no less than 2 years of practical application or research involving the subject taught in the program.
(b) Provide the Board a sample program evaluation form and a sample of the documentation of completion which meets the requirements of subparagraph (2)(f)2. of this rule.
(c) Provide the Board a summary of the organization structure for the administration of continuing education programs that reflects the chain of command within the organization by name and title and the position of the continuing education director within the organization.
(d) Provide the Board with the name, address and daytime telephone number of a person designated by the organization to act as the continuing education director.
(e) Remit the appropriate continuing education provider application fee pursuant to Rule 64B4-4.009, F.A.C. Such fee shall be required for each license biennium during which the provider seeks Board approval.
(f) The current continuing education director must sign and abide by a written agreement to:
1. Ensure that each program to be presented or approved by the provider for continuing education credit for clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and mental health counselors satisfies the requirements of this rule.
2. Provide each participant who completes a program with documentation verifying that the program has been completed. The documentation shall contain the participant’s name, provider’s name and number, title of program, date of program, and number of hours of continuing education credits earned. In addition, for hypnosis training the documentation must state it meets the requirements of Rule 64B4-7.002, F.A.C., and, for sex therapy training, the documentation must state it meets the requirements of Rule 64B4-7.004, F.A.C.
3. Notify the Board of changes relative to the maintenance of standards as set forth in these rules.
4. Notify the Board within ten days of any change in continuing education director, mailing address, or telephone number.
5. Ensure that all promotional material for each program intended for clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists and mental health counselors contains in a conspicuous place the complete provider number assigned by the Board, the specific program objectives, and speaker/presenter’s credentials.
6. Comply with all audit requests within 21 days of receipt of such requests from the Board.
7. Ensure that the provider complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, 42 USC §§ 12101-12213.
(g) Provide a Statement about what steps would be taken if a course participant submitted a grievance about the course.
(3) Providers shall maintain records of each course offered for three (3) years following each licensure biennium during which the course was offered. Course records shall include a course outline which reflects its educational objectives, the presenter’s name, the presenter’s curriculum vitae, the date and location of the course, participants’ evaluations of the course, the hours of continuing education credit awarded to each participant and a roster of participants by name and license number.
(4) The Board shall deny continuing education provider status to any applicant who submits false, misleading or deceptive information or documentation to the Board.
(5) The Board retains the right and authority to audit and/or monitor programs and review records and course materials given by any provider approved pursuant to this rule.
(6) The Board shall rescind the provider status or reject individual programs given by a provider if the provider disseminated any false or misleading information in connection with the continuing education programs, or if the provider failed to conform to and abide by the written agreement and rules of the Board or if the provider or its faculty member(s) are in violation of any of the provisions of Chapter 456 or 491, F.S.
Rulemaking Authority 491.004(5), 491.0085(1), (3), (4) FS. Law Implemented 491.0085 FS. History–New 1-9-94, Formerly 61F4-6.004, Amended 10-2-94, 12-29-96, Formerly 59P-6.004, Amended 12-11-97, 2-9-99, 6-30-02, 8-13-08, 12-11-14.
HAVE AN IDEA FOR AN EVENT, COURSE, WORKSHOP, TRAINING, OR SEMINAR? WE CAN HELP
Sample scenario: Mary is a licensed therapist passionate about Essential Oil treatment. She is offering a 2 hour presentation on the subject to her peers or at a local agency. Mary charges $25 for her presentation and now has the opportunity to offer CEUs for a flat fee of $15 through us. Her participants pay her for the training and then visit our website to pay for the CE units after she submits her attendance roster. It's a win-win ***MDM will partner up with licensed psychologists and clinicians who have expertise on the topic they are presenting.
MDM COUNSELING AND MEDIATION SERVICES is an approved provider for continuing education by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling and The Florida Board of Psychology for live courses. (CE Provider #50-11089)
-We can provide your audience with the option to purchase ceus
-Purchasing of ceus is conveniently processed separately on this page by the participant
for a flat fee of $15 (per entry and certificate) whether the course is 3 ceus or 15 plus ceus.
-Presenter rosters and request for ceu entry and certificate must be received within 10 business days
of event. After 10 days (but up to 3 months), processing price doubles for presenter and participant ($30 per entry and certificate or $20 for presenter). After 3 months, CE credit will not be earned.
PRESENTERS OR AGENCIES HAVE THE OPTION TO PURCHASE CEUS FOR GROUPS OF FIVE OR MORE FOR A FLAT FEE OF $10 PER PARTICIPANT. THE EVALUATION BELOW IS STILL REQUIRED BY EACH PARTICIPANT TO RECEIVE THEIR CEUS AND CERTIFICATE.